Diet Solution Programm

среда, 27 апреля 2011 г.

Day 3... Still low-carb!


Today is the 3rd day of being carb-free (or low-carb). The only carbs I had today were in the form of lettuce, 3 slices of a small tomato and about 3 slivers of bell pepper. I also had 2 tbs of ranch dressing (2 carbs) on each salad that I had for lunch and dinner. I am hopeful that I didn't go over my allotted 20 carbs, but these choices are still better than they could have been.



Today, a co-worker made a subway run. I ordered a salad and used my own dressing. The salad was good, but for $6 a waste of money. And then for dinner...



It was church night. And we all know that I struggle with eating on church night, and I alway allow myself to indulge. But not tonight.



I looked at the menu ahead of time, and the main meat was pulled pork bbq. Since there is always a salad bar, I planned on adding pork to my salad and bringing my own salad dressing (in case theirs was too high in sugar). When I got to church, I saw the pork was DRENCHED in bbq sauce. I should have known.



SO, I improvised. I had spring mix lettuce with cheese, boiled eggs, abt 1 tbs of ham and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds (0-2 carbs). And that's it. No dessert. No tastes of anything else. I did the unthinkable... I was in control.



Today seemed "a little" easier, so hopefully I am getting over a hump. The cravings are still strong. I feel like something is "missing". I miss sugar, and still want it. But I also want to be healthy. I also want to NOT be fat anymore.



I was down another 3 lbs this morning, for a total of 8 lbs in two days. If I fluctuate up in the morning, I will know I had too many veggies today and I will not be upset. This is all part of the process. I've never done this type of thing before. For the first time in my life, I have given up carbs for three days, when I haven't lasted 3 hours in the past.



It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings!



And don't forget to enter my giveaway (posted yesterday).

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий