Diet Solution Programm

понедельник, 27 июня 2011 г.

Summer Smoothies with Coconut


My favorite health food store in NYC just started selling raw young thai coconut meat from Exotic Superfoods in the freezer section. I was delighted, because it’s summer and I love making smoothies and ice cream with coconut. The meat comes in a 16 oz. package with strips of soft coconut meat. I defrosted it in the refrigerator for one day, then used it all week long to make smoothies for breakfast or after my workouts.


It is so convenient and a heck of a lot easier than traveling down to Chinatown to buy young coconuts, taking them back on the subway, and cracking each one open with a butcher knife (making a mess of my kithcen). That’s fun too…but it is seriously exhausting to lug those coconuts around.


Last week I made my first smoothies with the raw coconut (see recipe below). It was so good, so I made the same smoothie all week. A few times I added a half of banana and left out the agave. This one is perfect for summer and is great for keeping your skin shiny and moisturized. I plan to pick up more of the frozen coconut meat this week. Any ideas for new recipes?


Coconut-Pineapple-Raspberry Smoothie

(makes 1 small smoothie)


2-3 strips of young coconut meat

1/2 cup frozen pineapple

1/2 cup frozen raspberries

1/2 cup coconut water

1 tsp. agave nectar


Blend all the ingredients together on high until you get a smooth consistency. Pour in a glass and enjoy!



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий