Diet Solution Programm

вторник, 27 сентября 2011 г.

Almost like normal...


I always hate it when I get so busy that I forget to update my blog. As much as I am on the computer for work, I seem to have ditched my home computer lately. I haven't checked Blogger or Facebook in almost a week, and last night was the first time I'd checked my personal email address in over a week. I have been busy, but things have been good!



First things first... I am still under 300! Yay for me. I am not as far down as I would like to be because I had a weekend of bad eating about 3 weeks ago. Then 2 weeks ago I went out of town with a friend for a funeral for the weekend. Both of those weekends combined had me up about 5 lbs, but I didn't freak out. I just went back to my "normal" eating, and as of this morning I am 296.



Funny how I say "normal". These days, "normal" eating for me is lower carb, higher protein. I don't eat after 6pm. I drink more water. I only eat when I am hungry. I don't eat candy and limit my intake of sweets and soda. I basically eat what I want, but my "wants" have changed. I still feel like I am in control.



The weekend 3 weeks ago when I ate out on both Friday and Saturday night, I still watched what I ate and still stuck to my plan for the rest of the weekend. I didn't throw in the towel and say, "Hey, I ate Prince's Hot Chicken last night, so I am going to start over Monday." I started over on the very next meal. No more "Monday" thinking for me right now. I am in this for the long haul.



I am finally comfortable with the fact that small changes is what is going to get me where I need to be. As long as I make an effort to do my best each day, I will reach my weight loss goals. It may take longer than restricting whole food groups, or drinking shakes for months at a time (which I have been more than willing to do in the past). I am changing, slowly but surely.



My big goal for this week is to exercise at least 4 times for 30 minutes each time. I have a friend that is also trying to meet this goal with me, so I am going to try my best. My oldest daughter got braces yesterday afternoon, and I had a baby shower to go to this afternoon. Tomorrow I have Spanish class after school, then church. So I guess I will have to really push for the rest of the week to make that goal. It's so hard to exercise when you've got a million things going on. But I have to try.



My personal life is less stressful, so that is good. I have had to eliminate some people from my life, but it's for the best. I have also formed new friendships and relationships that seem promising. I guess that changes in the people who surround you each day is just part of life. Some people are around for a season or a reason, some people will last for way longer than that. I am blessed to have people who genuinely care for me and my kiddos, and who can hold my hand through the tough times. I am also thankful for the people who have caused me pain and made my life hell, because those are the people who have made me the strongest.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий