Diet Solution Programm

четверг, 22 сентября 2011 г.

QVC and David Venable in NYC


Last week I attended QVC’s Cooking & Dining Media Event with Program Host David Venable in NYC. David is the host of QVC’s program In the Kitchen with David® (ITKWD). The event featured QVC’s latest and most successful products in the cooking and dining market, cocktails and appetizers for the guests, a technology corner featuring the ITKWD iPhone app, and a cooking demonstration of a few of David’s favorite recipes.



I showed up with camera in hand and snapped a bunch of pictures of all the products. While the KitchenAid mixers and food processors were obviously a favorite, I enjoyed the table of gadgets the most. There were tons of innovative products I never heard of but instantly wanted in my kitchen. A few favorites: Technique Silicone Baking Boards and the Prepology Stainless Steel Mixing Whisks. I also loved Gordon Ramsay’s Nonstick Grill Pan w/ Press and Rachel Ray’s Moppines (an oven mit and kitchen towel merged together). I’m already thinking ahead towards the holidays when I can pick up a bunch of these items for friends and family gifts.


At the event I had a chance to meet with David, and man did he have a ton of energy! That’s what it takes to be on TV. We had a quick chat about his show and my blog. After mentioning my love for healthy whole foods with lots of flavor, David said he had been getting more and more requests for vegetarian entrees and side dishes to feature on his show. Awesome, right?! Speaking of vegetarian dishes, my favorite appetizer offered at the cocktail hour was an Israeli couscous with sugar snap peas, asparagus, and mint. I went back for seconds. There was also baby zucchini fritters that were seriously addictive. Both recipes are featured on David’s recipe page on the QVC website. I am thinking of having David do a guest post on the blog to talk about his favorite vegetarian recipes and tips for preparation. Sound good?


I really enjoyed the event and was truly impressed with the QVC staff and their extended team. Check out more pictures from in my slideshow below.



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий