Diet Solution Programm

вторник, 30 августа 2011 г.

Babycakes NYC


Last Friday was a crazy day in NYC. Hurricane Irene was on the way and all the New Yorkers were zipping around town picking up water, food, beer, and any hurricane “essential” items they needed. I made a big grocery trip to Whole Foods but also made some time to swing by the Babycakes vegan bakery on the Lower East Side (LES). I’ve been dying to try them out for awhile now and I figured some fresh baked treats would make fabulous hurricane “supplies.”


Babycakes is a popular vegan bakery that offers all natural and organic baked goods free of wheat, gluten, refined sugar, dairy, casein, or eggs. With locations in NYC, LA, and even Downtown Disney in Orlando, FL, Babycakes is a favorite among celebrities such as Zooey Deschanel and Anne Hathaway and really anyone who loves to indulge the healthier way.


Here’s what I tried out:



  • Chocolate Chip Cookies – These were crazy good. The perfect marriage of gooey and crunchy cookies. I loved ‘em.

  • “Cheeze”/Herb Biscuits – These were loaded with herbs and onions that gave it a great savory flavor. The biscuits were soft and especially tasty after I warmed them up in the oven.

  • Red Velvet Spelt Cupcake – The red velvet cake was topped with a creamy vanilla frosting. I loved the frosting but was so-so on the cake. It was a little dry, and I’m not a huge red velvet fan so I probably should have tried another flavor.

  • Strawberry Icing Scone – These AMAZING scones were my favorite thing I tried. Imagine having a warm scone stuffed with strawberry jelly and vanilla frosting. Dream come true. They were so so so delicious.


I will definitely be back to Babycakes. I’m adding  it to my list of spots to take friends/family when they come into town. It’s just a few blocks away from the Essex Street Market, another fun spot to browse around when you’re down in the LES.


I couldn’t take any pictures inside the shop, but their website has some nice photos. All the employees were wearing these adorable pink and white apron 50s diner-style outfits, giving the bakery an adorable throw-back vibe and an extra dose of cool. I did manage to snap a pic outside the store and took some quick shots of my goodies I brought home.




Babycakes NYC, Lower East Side





Babycakes NYC, Lower East Side





Babycakes, Strawberry Jam Scone





Babycakes, "Cheeze" Biscuit





Babycakes, Chocolate Chip Cookies





Babycakes, Red Velvet Spelt Cupcake



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий