Diet Solution Programm

пятница, 5 августа 2011 г.

Day 5: Raw Food Blogathon


Day 5 already? Whoa, this week flew by. The weather’s been very hot, so I’ve been happily eating and drinking all the raw foods this week. It just made me feel refreshed, hydrated, and full of energy.


This morning I cleaned out my refrigerator and juiced a fresh batch of green juice with whatever I could find in my vegetable drawer. I used carrots, apples, spinach, celery, cilantro, cucumber, and a bit of basil from my herb garden. I love using carrots and apples in green juice because they sweeten it up and cut out the bitter taste you can get with plain greens. I had two wine glasses full of green juice for my mid-morning snacks. If you’ve never had a green juice, this may look a little crazy, but I promise it tastes good. Just fresh, sweet, and rewarding.



After work I was hanging around Union Square and killing time, so I strolled over to Pure Food & Wine (the ultimate organic/raw/vegan restaurant) for a cocktail. Anything at PF&W is a treat, and the cocktails are no exception. My mojito was made with fresh mint, lime juice, sake, and a splash of cava. It was so refreshing after a long week of work and dance classes. Their garden patio was open, but I opted to sip my drink indoors because the A/C felt soooo good.




Before I left the Gramercy Park area, I popped in to One Lucky Duck (PF&W’s take-out location and one of my absolute favorite spots in New York City) to get a to-go salad for my dinner. This time I tried out the S&M salad which includes greens, avocado, hemp seeds, dulse, rosemary crackers, and a pumpkinseed lemon dressing. The greens are always so fresh in their salads and I loved the  pile of raw rosemary crackers included for a nice crunch. Another thing, it had been way too long since I got a dose of sea vegetables. In case you didn’t know, dulse is a red algae seaweed with a rich salty flavor. It’s packed with nutrition including all trace minerals, protein, potassium, zinc, manganese, calcium, and more.




Whew! I am beat. Happy Friday my friends! Stay tuned for the final two days in this raw food blogathon. Tomorrow I’ll have something fresh from the farmer’s market and hopefully another dessert.


See also: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4 of this blogathon.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий