Diet Solution Programm

пятница, 25 ноября 2011 г.

Happy Thanksgiving!


Well, it's that time of year again... when we stuff ourselves to the point of nausea on Thanksgiving. Oh, is that just me?



This Thanksgiving I decided that as a family, it was time to start some new traditions for Thanksgiving. On Wednesday, we spent all day preparing food boxes and delivering then to people in need with country music singer, Tracy Lawrence. Apparently, I've went to Sunday school with his wife for a while and didn't know it. But hey, I don't listen to country music. But I've been told this is the 6th year that he has fried turkeys for homeless in our area, and I am glad I got to help this year. He seemed like a cool guy. Here he is with my son, AJ...



Doing this volunteer work with my children really blessed our hearts. We don't have a lot, and barely make ends meet. But we are SO MUCH better off than some people around us. I think it was a life-changing experience for all of us.



Yesterday for Thanksgiving, we also spent a couple of hours doing volunteer work at our new church, who was actually giving dinner to people in the Nashville community. That was great, too. It was also great to stop by and see some of my family while I was in Nashville.





That's me, my daughters, two of my sisters, and my brother. I rarely get to see my brother, so yesterday was nice.



We had dinner at Jessica's house yesterday, and let's just say that I was GREEDY. OMG. From the fruit tea to the twice-baked sweet potatoes, the food was just awesome. And the desserts were even better. I only had one plate of food, and didn't even finish it, but I was so STUFFED that I had a hard time sleeping last night from the heartburn and indigestion.



Ugh.



So guess what I did today? I hate a plate of leftovers, and immediately fell into a coma.



Will I ever learn?



Yes. Thing is, I have learned. Several years ago, I would have found absolutely nothing wrong with eating this way.



Good thing? I am going to really start making an effort to do better again. I've been "stuck" for over a month now, and I am ready to get "unstuck" again. Now. I am not waiting for New Years.



One thing that I know is that I NEED to get back in the gym. I am paying $45 per month for a gym membership that I don't even use. That is about to change, though.  I have to get moving again. My body is just tired all the time, and I have no energy. I KNOW that cardio makes me feel great once I get started again, I just need to get off my lazy butt and do it. I have to stop making excuses and MAKE the time to go. My life is not going to slow down anytime soon, so I have to start making ME a priority. I say this all the time, but I never do.... but I at least have to say I am trying. Right now... I am not trying, and it sucks to know that I have come this far and am not even trying to make a change for the better. I at least have to try.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий