Diet Solution Programm

понедельник, 28 ноября 2011 г.

Peacefood Cafe in NYC


I’m back after a nice weekend off and a big Thanksgiving dinner. I’m catching up with blogs this week so be on the look out for my holiday recipe post, another focus on food post, and a yummy fall/winter salad recipe.


For now I wanted to share my review of a fabulous little vegan kitchen and bakery on the Upper West Side called Peacefood Cafe. I had lunch there with a friend a little over a week ago and we loved it. The service was not so great, but I think they were just understaffed for such a busy lunch. We just had to wait way too long for our drinks, our food, and our bill. As for the food itself, everything was very fresh and delicious! I really recommend it. I even picked up a few bakery treats on my way out to give those a try.


My buddy Rachel and I each had a fresh juice to start off the meal. She ordered the green lemonade which was a mixture of greens, apple, ginger root, and lemon. I had the pineapple beet lime juice made with pineapple, beet, lime, and cucumber. Both were so refreshing.



I tried the fluffy quinoa salad after announcing that I really needed some greens in my life (I hadn’t eaten enough for the past few days and was feeling the need). This delicious salad came with the freshest baby greens and sprouts topped with quinoa, avocado, corn, beans, onions, and sweet peppers and a light lime mustard dressing. I loved it for a light lunch and would definitely order it again. Rachel had the raw sushi roll made with walnut pate, julienne veggies and a jicama-carrot medley. She enjoyed it and we both loved the way the roll was plated with the pretty pea shoots bursting out of the end pieces.





That was enough to fill us up for lunch, but I stopped at the bakery to get some treats to get me through my 4-hour dance rehearsal I had scheduled later in the day. I tried one of the veggie savory biscuits which was a basic biscuit flavored with herbs and I’m guessing some nutritional yeast because it tasted a little cheesy. Overall pretty good.


Last but not least I tried this amazing slice of raw chocolate cream pie with a coconut crust and a sprinkle of cacao nibs on top. Wowza that was a rich, delicious, and super creamy piece of pie. I love raw chocolate! The slice was so rich that I actually took a couple days to eat it. Every time I wanted something sweet, I would have a few bites and it was all I needed. Gotta love desserts like that.



Peacefood Cafe is a great healthy spot to get lunch or dinner if you’re near the Upper West Side in NYC. I can’t wait to go back to try the tahini sprouts sandwich, another fresh juice, and more desserts! Check out a few pictures below.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий