Diet Solution Programm

пятница, 10 декабря 2010 г.

Greens for Breakfast?


When you’re thinking about getting in your daily serving of greens, you probably don’t think of breakfast. But I love to start the morning with some fresh greens, to really start my day off right. Greens are loaded with vitamins and minerals that keep your immune system strong so you’re not caught with a cold or flu during the holidays. Lately I’ve been making 2 eggs scrambled with spinach and avocado on the side. I just add in fresh baby spinach leaves when I pour the eggs in the pan, and they mix in beautifully.


Scrambled eggs with spinach and avocado


Another day this week I picked up a to-go breakfast on my way to a doctor’s appointment. It was an English muffin with a fried egg, tomato, and tons of fresh arugula. Look at this stack of greens! I was so impressed because I thought I was the only one who would dare to put that many veggies on one sandwich…but I was wrong. I picked this up at a little corner cafe down in Union Square. Mmm, it was delicious and light.


Breakfast sandwich w/ greens


If you don’t eat eggs, you can easily make yourself a breakfast sandwich with hummus or tofu instead. Another perfect way to get your greens in at breakfast is to make a green smoothie. Try juicing some greens with fresh pineapple juice and lime. Or use your blender to make a refreshing shake with coconut water, cucumber, greens, and a sweet fruit like mango, pineapple, or apple.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий