Diet Solution Programm

вторник, 31 января 2012 г.

31 Recipes


31 Recipes


Posted by Lorrie in Food, Recipes on January 31, 2012 | 8 responses


For Floyd Imagination Month (FloCoIMo) I decided that my creative project would be baking and cooking 31 recipes. I chose this because it felt easy in a month that started with me wanting to do absolutely nothing. I would already be cooking and frankly, I knew it would be more realistic than signing up for a month of watercolor or illustrations. I also wanted to challenge myself to try new recipes, get in the kitchen more and eat out less. It's the end of the month and I've only eaten out seven times, which is pretty decent considering a normal month for us would be around 12 times. I also wanted to cut out convenience foods and cook more from scratch.



I can say that I loved every single one of these dishes and the experience of making them. Food is a nice way to track memories and events in a month. I can remember an impromptu dinner with one of Josh's friends. Lazy Sunday mornings with pancakes and jam. Recipes followed from a homemade cookbook given to me at Christmas. The cookies that I learned not to eat all of in one sitting. The nourished feeling I had after eating black lentil soup. Understanding the role of grated and very cold butter in the best biscuits ever. Josh's favorite being the spicy bang bang shrimp and making them four other times. I remember his late-night trip out to get nappa cabbage because they just aren't the same without it.  Reconfirming that apple pie needs sour cream to be amazing. Knowing that chick peas and lettuce can make a decent dinner. And most of all, taking the time to care for myself and my husband. Knowing, each night when I cleared off the table, turned off the TV, and put plates down, that I was creating much more than a new recipe.


Loads and loads of dishes later, I've got one day left in the month and only one recipe left. What should I make?


 


You can see my first post with photos here.



  1. Tandoori Chicken Burgers

  2. Sweet potato and black bean enchilada casserole (I used kidney beans)

  3. 5 ingredient granola bars

  4. Pastor Ryan's Chili (I used this as a base recipe. Added mushrooms and carrots to mine, didn't add crackers)

  5. Lemon and Raspberry Jam Pancakes and Lemon Pancakes (I added lemon to the batter and used whipping cream+ water instead of milk)

  6. Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos (made recipe, placed in flour tortillas with napa cabbage)

  7. Baked Pasta with Ricotta

  8. Krissie's Mom's Potato Ravioli (didn't use the peppers or onions, added more potatoes)

  9. Blueberry muffins (I used frozen blueberries and didn't cook them down, next time I would use more.)

  10. Pork potstickers

  11. Krissie's Pork and apple meatballs (I served with egg noodles with sour cream, butter, salt, garlic and parsley)

  12. Ginger baked salmon 

  13. Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies

  14. Parmesan Crunchy Fries

  15. Peanut Butter, Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

  16. Red Lentil Soup (I used black lentils)

  17. Granola Cookies

  18. Feta Dressing

  19. The Best Biscuits

  20. Sausage Gravy

  21. Kung Pao with Vegetables

  22. Southern Goulash

  23. Brown Butter Mushrooms with Creamy Noodles

  24. Rice Krispie Chicken

  25. Falafel

  26. Creamy Dill Sauce

  27. Naan 

  28. Candied Oranges 

  29. Smashed Potato

  30. Mini Sour Cream Apple Pies




Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий