Diet Solution Programm

понедельник, 23 января 2012 г.

Review: Hummus Place (Again)


Greetings from Florida! I’m working in FL for the next few weeks, and I’m really enjoying the warm weather, sunshine, and time with friends. It doesn’t even feel like winter here. I laid out by the pool yesterday for Pete’s sake. I’m here to work, but I’m determined to enjoy myself too.


Almost exactly one year ago today I posted a review of one of my favorite healthy spots in New York, Hummus Place. It’s a Mediterranean-style restaurant in NYC with several locations and wonderful, hearty vegetarian food. In my opinion, Hummus Place has hands down the BEST hummus in the city. Before I left New York last week, I tried a new entree at the Upper West Side location and wanted to share the pics with you.


It was a cold night, so I ordered some split pea soup for takeout. It was to-die-for good! The best cup of pea soup I’ve ever had. It was savory, full of warming spices (I could pick out cumin for sure), and came with some super crunchy wheat croutons. I think Hummus Place is one of the best spots to get a delicious, healthy cup of soup. Especially the butternut squash soup or pea soup. A lot of people are scared of pea soup because of its green color, but if you order it from a good restaurant, it can be one of the most satisfying soups to eat—especially in the winter time.


I also tried a new vegetarian meatballs entree they had on special and paired it with a glass of wine when I got home. It came with 3 large “meatballs” made of assorted cooked vegetables (I’m guessing it was carrots, zucchini, onions, etc.) served on top of authentic couscous. To top off the meatballs, the entree came with an olive tomato sauce which tasted like a Mediterranean version of marinara. I thought the meatballs could use a little more spice (they were a bit plain), but the couscous was fantastic, and the dish was incredibly fresh. It had that great homestyle feeling that I love about everything at Hummus Place. It was also a nice big portion. I was too full to finish after wolfing down the soup as an appetizer.


I didn’t mention them here, but a few of my other favorite dishes from Hummus Place are the hummus tahini, and the roasted eggplant and falafel appetizers. Try ‘em out if you’re in NYC. You won’t be disappointed!


Curious to hear more about Hummus Place? Check out this great article I found on a blog called Israelis in Brooklyn. Like me, they found Hummus Place when they were new to the city and it quickly became one of their favorite spots for great-tasting Medi food.




Vegetarian Meatballs with olive tomato sauce and couscous





Vegetarian meatballs, paired with a glass of red





Best split pea soup ever!





Vegetarian meatballs, minus the sauce



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий