Diet Solution Programm

четверг, 19 января 2012 г.

Easy, Healthy Lunch or Dinner


Ya know how I was talking about centering your meal around vegetables? Here’s an easy, healthy veggie wrap I made that’s great for a light lunch or dinner. I’ve been eating them every day this week, and they only take 5 minutes to prepare. Adding lots of tasty spreads and a dash of salt and pepper makes these wraps super flavorful and satisfying (my meat-eating boyfriend loves ‘em!) If you’re pretty hungry at dinner time or want to make this a bigger meal, you can pair the wrap with a cup of soup (such as butternut squash or pea soup) or a few slices of sautéed tofu rubbed with your favorite spices.


Raw Veggie Wraps


Start with a soft tortilla wrap. (I bought some organic tomato basil wraps in the refrigerated section of my health food store. You can also find healthy sprouted grain wraps in the freezer section.) Next, smooth on your favorite spreads. I put mustard, grapeseed Vegenaise, AND hummus on my wrap. Then pile on a TON of sliced raw veggies. I used baby romaine lettuce, basil, red onion, bell peppers, avocado, zucchini, and cucumber. I also added canned artichoke hearts (not raw, but oh-so-yummy). Finally, sprinkle on a little salt and black pepper, and wrap it up. Enjoy!


Tip: Pre-cut your raw veggies on a Sunday night to save time when you put the wraps together for weekday lunches. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and you’ll be able to build a fresh wrap in no time with barely any dishes to clean!




Ready to eat





Wednesday's wrap, open face





Monday's wrap, open face



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий