Diet Solution Programm

пятница, 13 января 2012 г.

In The Kitchen Challenge


In The Kitchen Challenge


Posted by Lorrie in Food, Recipes on January 13, 2012 | 5 responses

I've been making my way through FloCoIMo with my 31 recipes challenge. So far, I've made 12 recipes. Here are my not so good phone photos of what I've made so far.



Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos



Krissie's Mom's Potato Ravioli



 Pork Potstickers




Lemon Pancakes w/ Strawberry Jam



Pastor Ryan's Chili w/ Guacamole and Chips



Blueberry muffins w/ Streusel Topping



Krissie's Pork and Apple Meatballs w/ Sour Cream and Garlic Noodles



Ginger Baked Salmon w/ Smashed Potatoes and Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms


Recipe Recap With Links:



  1. Tandoori Chicken Burgers

  2. Sweet potato and black bean enchilada casserole (I used kidney beans)

  3. 5 ingredient granola bars

  4. Pastor Ryan's Chili (I used this as a base recipe. Added mushrooms and carrots to mine, didn't add crackers)

  5. Lemon Pancakes (I added lemon to the batter and used whipping cream+ water instead of milk)

  6. Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos (made recipe, placed in flour tortillas with napa cabbage)

  7. Baked Pasta (no photo, recipe coming!)

  8. Krissie's Mom's Potato Ravioli (didn't use the peppers or onions, added more potatoes)

  9. Blueberry muffins (I used frozen blueberries and didn't cook them down, next time I would use more.)

  10. Pork potstickers

  11. Krissie's Pork and apple meatballs (I served with egg noodles with sour cream, butter, salt, garlic and parsley)

  12. Ginger baked salmon and smashed potato (my recipes, coming soon!)


I really don't like posting recipes without saying a little bit about how they turned out. I can honestly say I've loved every single thing I've made so far and would make everything again. I like having new staples to turn to and also love that this challenge has prevented the usual food rut of "what should I make for dinner?". This has also cut back on eating out dramatically, which is healthier and saves money.
Josh's favorite recipe is the Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos which I've made twice, once with and without the breading. They are pretty amazing. The cabbage is so necessary. The potstickers were very good and slightly disappointing. I've been buying the frozen kind off and on for awhile now and always love them. Part of me hoped that making them from scratch would make them even more glorious. While mine tasted fresher and didn't have any additives, they only tasted slightly better than frozen and they took three hours to make. If I made them again it would be with other people. You get 100 pot stickers at a time which makes it worth it.
I loved Krissie's recipes as they were both cozy and perfect for winter evenings. I love chili and could eat it more frequently than I do, I always pull up Ryan's recipe as a guideline. The lemon pancakes were sweet and tart. My perfect pancake is a little crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these were just like that. The blueberry muffins were amazing and by far the best muffin recipe I've made.  12 down, 19 to go!


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий